[Babel-users] client to client communication using babel protocol

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Feb 9 20:44:21 UTC 2015

> Consider I have three routers R1,R2,R3. Each of them are configured with an ad
> hoc network and an access point respectively. The ssid of the of the ad hoc
> network of all the routers be mesh and that of the access points be C0,C1,C2.
> The router is running on babel protocol on wireless interface. So when a
> client say laptop connects to the access point C0 and another laptop connect
> to C2 then can C0 and C2 communicate with each other at 2 hops without any
> configuration of babel?

Are the clients running Babel?

If so, then everything should happen automatically.

If not, then the routers will be able to communicate between themselves
(they're running Babel), but you will need some additional mechanism to
route packets towards the clients.

Please read "redistribution" in the Babel manual page and in the Babel FAQ.
Once you have done that, please come back and tell us more about your setup.