[Babel-users] Specify router-id explicitly

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jul 10 14:36:54 UTC 2015

Dear Waldek, Markus, dear all,

I've just added the "-R" option to babeld, which allows specifying the
router-id explicitly.  From the manual page:

   -R router-id
          Specify the router-id explicitly, as  a  modified  EUI-64  or  a
          MAC-48  address.   If  two  nodes  have  the same router-id, bad
          things will happen.  Don't use this option unless you know  what
          you are doing.

There's no equivalent config file option, since I'm a little worried about
config files being copied between nodes.

The router-id should have the syntax of a (modified) EUI-64

  babeld -R 11:22:33:44:55:66:77:88

or that of a MAC-48 address:

  babeld -R 11:22:33:44:55:66

in which case FF:FE will be inseerted in the middle, as usual.

By the way -- the current tree is what I'm planning to release as 1.6.2
after it got some testing, so please complain soon if you see any issues.