[Babel-users] Specify router-id explicitly

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jul 11 21:15:27 UTC 2015

Hi Juliusz,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 04:36:54PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> I've just added the "-R" option to babeld, which allows specifying the
> router-id explicitly.  From the manual page:
>
>    -R router-id
>           Specify the router-id explicitly, as  a  modified  EUI-64  or  a
>           MAC-48  address.   If  two  nodes  have  the same router-id, bad
>           things will happen.  Don't use this option unless you know  what
>           you are doing.
>
> There's no equivalent config file option, since I'm a little worried about
> config files being copied between nodes.

This departs from the previous mantra "All command-line options are also
available as a configuration statement".

This is an issue for OpenWRT, because we simply translate OpenWRT-style
options into their equivalent babeld-style config options (basically,
"s/_/-/g").  That being said, it should be fairly easy to add a special
case for this new option in the OpenWRT init script.