[Babel-users] Fwd: Specify router-id explicitly

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jul 10 18:47:32 UTC 2015

> At current I have assign radio port with my own ipv6 address for radio
> port which is generate form IPv4 address

This means that all the interfaces on a node will have a link-local
address?  That's a very bad idea.

Consider what happens if a pair of nodes participate in multiple neighbour
relationships:

    *......*
    |    . |
    |   .  |
    A--*   B

Here A is a two-radio node, and both interfaces of A are neighbours of B.
Since both interfaces are using the same link-local address, B's loop
detector and link-quality estimator will get confused, and cause persistent
route flapping.

Please don't do that.