[Babel-users] babel tools

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Jun 10 19:39:28 UTC 2015

> information about simple tools like 'babelstatus.sh' 'sonar' but is is
> look like link for this tools not exist.

Just a quick comment.  The Babel interface (-g) is designed for
long-running daemons, such as babelweb -- it sends an initial full dump,
followed by a line that says just "done", followed by a series of
real-time deltas.

Tools like babelstatus work by parsing just the initial dump and dropping
the connection.  It is easy to experiment with this approach by doing

    nc localhost 33123 | sed -n -e p -e '/^done$/q'

For long-running daemons, I recomment BabelWeb's approach of monitoring
the router and computing the current state in the server.