[Babel-users] dump curret table via JSON

sp2ong at wp.pl sp2ong at wp.pl
Fri Jun 12 05:05:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

If I am understand port of 33123 is for connect to debug babel. It is nice
but
what you think add defined in config other port for example:

  option local_json_port  33125

where we use telnet or nc dump current table in JSON format ?
JSON frmat is very useful and easy to creat own HTML page

We can use option:

echo /all | nc :: ..  to dump all self, neighbours, xroute, route (it maybe
config parameters?)
echo /nieghbours | nc ::
echo /router |nc ::
echo /xrouter |nc ::
echo /self | nc :  dump slef node information ID and node name

we can select what we want to dump for exmaple only neighbors table:

echo /neighbors | nc :: 33125

    "neighbors": [
{
    "??????": "546030",
    "address": "fe80::20e:8eff:fe19:5133",
    "if": "mesh0",
    "reach": ffff,
    "rxcost": 256,
    "txcost": 256,
    "cost": 256
    "rtt": ,
},
{
    "??????": "346050",
    "address": "fe80::20e:8eff:fe16:2134",
    "if": "mesh0",
    "reach": fffb,
    "rxcost": 256,
    "txcost": 256,
    "cost": 256
    "rtt": ,
},

JSON format it is useful to developers who will be intergrate babel with
own WebGUI for
example LucIGUI or deleoper Commotion.net to display in own GUI tabel with
information
from babel like neighbours, router, xrouter

Waldek