[Babel-users] WWW Status Page and node name

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Jun 10 19:45:12 UTC 2015

> Yes, but I must always put new node manually it will be nice to have this
> update automatic :-)

I'm trying to keep Babel reasonably lean, and I'm not planning to include
any features that are not related to routing, so I don't think I'm going
to use olsrd's approach for that.  OTOH, if you have ideas how to
implement this feature without extending the protocol, I'm listening.

> I have see that babelweb need install nodejs etc and after installation
> bableweb on my PC Debian server have total size of all files (with nodejs ,
> babelweb) are about 14 Mb. It is not dedicate to install on routers like
> Ubiquiti M2 etc ....

> It is look that bablelweb is dedicate to install only PC servers ????

It should be reasonably easy to reimplement BabelWeb in plain C, since the
real magic is done in client-side Javascript code.  I don't think anyone
is working on that, though.

In the meantime, it should be easy to install node.js on a USB flashkey.