[Babel-users] dump curret table via JSON

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jun 12 10:13:04 UTC 2015

> If I am understand port of 33123 is for connect to debug babel.

Not quite.  Debugging is done with the "-d" command-line flag.

The "-g" flag is for monitoring a Babel daemon.  It provides exactly the
data that is needed to reconstruct the full internal state of the daemon.

> JSON frmat is very useful and easy to creat own HTML page

The idea is that the "-g" interface is powerful enough to provide any sort
of data.  It should be a simple matter to write a program that connects to
port 33123 and provides a JSON over HTTP interface or whatever.  There's
no reason to do the JSON and HTTP stuff within babeld itself.

Note however that the "-g" interface is more powerful than that -- it
allows real-time event-driven monitoring, unlike a JSON/HTTP interface
which requires periodic polling.