[Babel-users] wanted to map the babel network

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:27:05 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> This is what we currently do in the nodewatcher-agent module for reporting
>> Babel topology information:
>>
>> https://github.com/wlanslovenija/nodewatcher-agent/blob/master/modules/routing_babel.c
>

> Looks good.
>
> But why do you limit the JSON object to known key/value pairs?  I would just
> do
>
>   if(isnum(value[0]))
>       json_object_add(... key, json_object_new_int(atol(value)))
>   else
>       json_object_add(... key, json_object_new_string(value))
>
> This has the added advantage of needing no changes as I add new key/value
> pairs.

+1

(note I have not fiddled with nodewatcher yet)

>> Yeah, link-local addresses of the current node are not reported by Babel
>

> Do you want me to add that?

What I'd wanted here was a dump of all the addresses on the node. (I
have cases where I have 15 or more ipv4, ipv6 addresses on a given
node... so far)

In the process of topo discovery by walking every announced by babel
address on the network. (followon for me is then automagically
configuring mrtg and smokeping)

figuring out a retracted address is straightforward, I think.

> -- Juliusz

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast