[Babel-users] wanted to map the babel network

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:50:12 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
> <jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>>> This is what we currently do in the nodewatcher-agent module for reporting
>>> Babel topology information:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/wlanslovenija/nodewatcher-agent/blob/master/modules/routing_babel.c
>>

>> Looks good.
>>
>> But why do you limit the JSON object to known key/value pairs?  I would just
>> do
>>
>>   if(isnum(value[0]))
>>       json_object_add(... key, json_object_new_int(atol(value)))
>>   else
>>       json_object_add(... key, json_object_new_string(value))
>>
>> This has the added advantage of needing no changes as I add new key/value
>> pairs.
>
> +1
>
> (note I have not fiddled with nodewatcher yet)
>
>>> Yeah, link-local addresses of the current node are not reported by Babel
>>

>> Do you want me to add that?
>
> What I'd wanted here was a dump of all the addresses on the node. (I
> have cases where I have 15 or more ipv4, ipv6 addresses on a given
> node... so far)

'course, I just realized that if I am going to give myself a babel
user tunneling over ssh,
I can just dump the local addresses, via ssh ip addr show or ifconfig.
And that I might not want to dump all the addresses, just the ones
babel was exporting.

Hadn't really planned to give myself a user, just a tunnel.