[Babel-users] Babel TODO for 1.6.0

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Mar 28 13:24:21 UTC 2015

Nobody appears to have broken the current master after the source-specific
merge.  My TODO for 1.6.0 is just the following:

  (1) ipv6-subtrees autodetection.

I'm probably not going to delay 1.6.0 in order to do

  (2) procd integration.

Am I forgetting anything?

For (1), I suggested simply testing that we're Linux >= 3.11, but Matthieu
disagrees -- ever the perfectionnist, he wants something more reliable.
If anyone knows how to reliably detect ipv6-subtrees support, we're
interested.  (Dave, perhaps you could ask on netdev?)  Note that we could
conceivably release 1.6.0 now, and do a 1.6.1 when we find out how to
detect ipv6-subtrees.

As to (2), I think the only issue is the handling of SIGHUP.  The
standalone babeld is currently unable to reconfigure itself at runtime, it
requires a restart.  This should not be too difficult to do, since the
Quagga version has no problem with reconfiguration, but it's a little more
work than I want to do before I release 1.6.0.