[Babel-users] Babel TODO for 1.6.0

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:51:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <
jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:

> Nobody appears to have broken the current master after the source-specific
> merge.  My TODO for 1.6.0 is just the following:
>
>   (1) ipv6-subtrees autodetection.
>
> I'm probably not going to delay 1.6.0 in order to do
>
>   (2) procd integration.
>
> Am I forgetting anything?

Merge atomic updates from olsrd code?

> For (1), I suggested simply testing that we're Linux >= 3.11, but Matthieu
> disagrees -- ever the perfectionnist, he wants something more reliable.
> If anyone knows how to reliably detect ipv6-subtrees support, we're
> interested.  (Dave, perhaps you could ask on netdev?)  Note that we could
> conceivably release 1.6.0 now, and do a 1.6.1 when we find out how to
> detect ipv6-subtrees.

Will do so. Just did so.

As to (2), I think the only issue is the handling of SIGHUP.  The
> standalone babeld is currently unable to reconfigure itself at runtime, it
> requires a restart.

Well, there were two problems? 1) procd needed to be able to send a
different signal than
hup for a reconfigure, and 2) babeld needed to be able to reconfigure
itself.

At least some procd support seemed feasible per previous pull request...

This should not be too difficult to do, since the
> Quagga version has no problem with reconfiguration, but it's a little more
> work than I want to do before I release 1.6.0.

If you are planning 1.6.1 in openwrt chaos calmer's release window (rc1
soon),
cool.

I will test deploy what's in 1.6 (head) next weekend.

> -- Juliusz

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb