[Babel-users] another feature request

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Fri Dec 16 00:36:18 UTC 2016

> I think it supports globbing on interfaces (?), which strikes me as
> a useful feature in babeld when interfaces come and go as they do
> nowadays with horrific names like enx2a1c0359e29b as generated by
> systemd. Some way to automagically recognize when an interface (e.g. vpn
> or usb network) comes up that you want would simplify more dynamic
> configurations.

I have no objection in principle, and I'll be glad to review a patch that
does what you want.

Just like Christof, however, I wonder whether this is not better done
outside of babeld.  You could either reconfigure ubus to use rational
names for interfaces (usb0, usb1 etc.), or you could write a utility that
monitors interfaces and speaks to babeld over the control socket to add
them dynamically.