[Babel-users] another feature request

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Fri Dec 16 00:16:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 09:30:18AM -0800, Dave Taht wrote:
>bird-2.0 is now in beta (and, sigh, the babel implementation broke
>entirely)
>
>I think it supports globbing on interfaces (?), which strikes me as a
>useful feature in babeld
>when interfaces come and go as they do nowadays with horrific names
>like enx2a1c0359e29b as generated by systemd. Some way to
>automagically recognize when an interface (e.g. vpn or usb network)
>comes up that you want would simplify more dynamic configurations.
Isn't that something that hotplug/systemd/procd should do? For openwrt I
am using an init script for procd that dynamically adds/removes
interfaces to babeld. If you are interested, the current state of the
initscript can be found here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freifunk-ffm/gluon/n_babel-work/package/gluon-mesh-babel/files/etc/init.d/gluon-mesh-babeldev

Cheers
Christof