[Babel-users] Diversity Routing Internet-Draft: Mistake in Z3 description?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Nov 2 23:02:21 UTC 2016

> "Appendix A.  The Z3 algorithm" in draft-chroboczek-babel-diversity-routing-01 states:

> "Let D be the diversity data of route R, and L be a link.  We say that
> R interferes with L when one of the following is true:
> -  L is a non-interfering link (e.g. an Ethernet); or
> -  L is a radio interface tuned to channel C, and neither C nor 255
> is an element of D."

> I would have expected, that the opposite is true, like "We say that R doesn't interfere [...]".
> Could someone please clarify this for me?

You're right, good catch.  Thanks for the notice.

> PS: Are there any plans of updating the draft in the future?

Yes, definitely, but don't hold your breath.  The plan for me right now is:

  (1) recover after the Real Work marathon I've just done;
  (2) publish a new version of

        draft-ietf-homenet-babel-profile

  (3) publish a new version of

        draft-ietf-babel-applicability

  (4) create a public repository for draft-ietf-babel-routing-protocol and
      start working on it.

Note that "ietf" in the name of a draft means that it's an official IETF
draft (as opposed to an individual submission), so these drafts carry
higher priority.  However, I definitely plan to come back to rtt-routing
and diversity-routing at some point, and your contributions are very much
welcome.