[Babel-users] feedback this Friday

Denis Ovsienko denis at ovsienko.info
Tue Nov 15 23:23:30 UTC 2016

Hello list(s).

This coming Friday meeting of the Babel WG includes my slides and I plan to present remotely. My concern is two issues: one is how bidirectional neighbour detection controls the rest of the protocol operation and another is how the bidirectional detection itself can be made more secure considering a particular form of replay attack. It seems to me both issues are important enough to discuss and to decide how to action, this mostly concerns RFC 6126-bis but may also have something to do with RFC 7298.

The slides are in the meeting materials: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/97/materials/#rtg

It would be great if on one of the remaining days before the meeting you could look through the slides and the (quite short) sections in RFC 6126 referred from one of the first slides. Your feedback and questions will be welcome at the meeting and on the babel at ietf mailing list.

Thank you.

--
    Denis Ovsienko