[Babel-users] babel export routes from bird to routing table?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Mon Nov 21 20:59:07 UTC 2016

>>> As Babel 1.8 will be incompatible to 1.7

>> Babeld 1.8 will be fully compatible with 1.7.

> This is also great to hear, I took this from the changelog that is
> mentioning incompatible changes.

Incompatible to changes to the administrative interface, not to the
protocol.

> At a later stage I would like to announce different default-routes at
> different places in the mesh network.

Why?

> It seems to me like I might be better off not using table 12 as an
> import-route so any static default routes on the gateway-side will not
> interfere with whatever babeld is announcing. What do you think?

That you should tell us what you're trying to achieve, so we can think
together how best to meet your requirements.  I suspect you need
source-specific routing, but since I don't know what you're trying to do,
it's difficult to say.