[Babel-users] babel on an otherwise transparent bridge

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:38:10 UTC 2016

I have a box setup to be a transparent wifi/ethernet bridge. What I'd
like it to do is have a dedicated ipv6 ULA ip address for management
purposes (not using a vlan here), and announce that to the network,
but never offer
itself as a routing opportunity to anything on any side of the bridge, except
for stuff trying to get to that specific IP. It also needs to have a
route table internally to get around the network (snmp).

If I just blithely leave babel at the defaults, new devices on the bridge tend
to get routes from it, first, leading to a 30-60 second period where
those devices can (and do) choose that 2 hop route rather than the "1
hop" one.

out br-lan something deny?
in?
inflate the metric?