[Babel-users] Question about the status of RFC7298

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Mon Apr 17 23:47:00 UTC 2017

> Thank you very much! I did see that repo when I was trying to find
> this, but the tagline threw me off.

> I'll try and rebase it off of master and see what I can do about
> updating it and adding asymmetric key support.

Justin,

Note that while everyone considers that Denis has done an excellent job of
securing Babel, there's currently no consensus that this is the only
approach.  The other approach being considered is to move the protocol to
use unicast all over, and to protect the control data with DTLS or IPsec.
There's currently no implementation that I'm aware of, but I know that at
least two groups of people are planning on working on this kind of
approaches.

So while I encourage you to look at Denis' work, and while I'd love to see
it forward-ported to head, please do not be overly disappointed if the
final approach to securing Babel turns out to be something else.