[Babel-users] [babel] draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis-02

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Jun 4 22:01:30 UTC 2017

Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I've just published a new version of the Babel protocol specification:
>
>   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis-02

I read it, and I think the updates are an improvement. I think the
specification of the extension mechanism and mandatory sub-TLVs is quite
clear.

One thing that might be worth adding now that there's a section about
parser state, is what to do with parse errors (i.e., a malformed TLV,
not one that should be ignored). I guess the right thing to do is to
discard the rest of the packet when a parse error is encountered?

Other than that, a few nits:

Section 3.8.1.2, second paragraph:

  "Otherwise, if the requested router-id is not its own..."

Not clear what "otherwise" refers to, exactly.

Section 4.4, second paragraph:

   "Sub-TLVs have the same structure as TLVs.  With the exception of
   PAD1, all TLVs have the following structure:"

Second "TLVs" should probably be "sub-TLVs"?

Don't think Appendix C was updated to reflect mandatory sub-TLVs?

-Toke