[Babel-users] [babel] routing tables of death

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:01:39 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:
>>> I confess curiosity, now that we have quagga, bird, and mainline babeld
>>> versions, and nifty new stuff like unicast hellos, as to how well they
>>> interoperate at this point, as well as perform, under a stress test like:
>
>> And FRR...
>
> Babeld and FRR are known to interoperate, but that's little surprise,
> since they're based on the same code.
>
> Quagga (the better-named ancestor of FRR) does not have a Babel
> implementation.
>
> Perhaps Toke and David can tell us more about the tests they've done with
> their respective implementations.

David's implementation also does unicast route transfer?

> (It would definitely be a cool thing to organise an interop event, perhaps
> here in Paris.  Not before 2018, though, the way my schedule is going.)

Regrettably I have no time either, before 2018, it seems. I do hope to
have completed removing infinite buffering from a wifi mcast queue,
replacing it with a drop head, fq'd version by then.

fiddling with rtod sparked a great deal of (largely futile) thinking
about deadline scheduling and sanely shedding (cpu or bandwidth) load,
some of which I just wrote up here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/ER5Kcp5KGRj?cfem=1

> -- Juliusz

CEO, TekLibre, LLC