[Babel-users] preferred source address vs babel

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Sat Jul 7 11:17:57 BST 2018

> 2a02 is assigned to br-wan 2a06 is assigned to local-node which is
> a veth-pair bridged into br-client. The mesh is mesh0, mesh1 and so on.
> The node can be addressed by its 2a06 address. This is the default setup
> of gluon.  When now communicating over the mesh, neither the 2a02 nor
> the 2a06 address is on the interface used for the communication so it
> seems that sometimes one or the other is chosen by the kernel.

I see.  This is could be solved by adding the 2a06 node to all of the mesh
interfaces (yes, under Linux you can add the same address to multiple
interfaces), but that will complicate your setup.

You've convinced me, I'll be glad to accept your patch into the (future)
1.9 branch.  (You should be working on branch "unicast", by the way.)

> This might be resolvable by applying network namespaces.

No, that's even more complexity than adding the address to all interfaces.

Thanks for the explanation,