[Babel-users] Fastest convergence possible

Stanisław Drozd drozdziak1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 11:13:37 UTC 2018

The "random-id" setting looks promising, thanks!

I'm not using physical devices but rather Linux namespaces linked together
using veth interfaces, in the 7-node case I've got a topology that looks
similar to this: https://trello.com/c/f23GNDfZ/34-flesh-out-billing-algo -
but without the "Internet" and H vertices. Presently, I'm starting my
babeld instances in 2.1 seconds intervals and then wait 25 seconds for
convergence.

I've also got WireGuard tunneling between vertices, which might also be
complicating things, I'll try to find out how the mesh would perform
without it.

Thanks for the tips,
Stanislaw

pt., 23 mar 2018 o 23:48 użytkownik Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr>