[Babel-users] hmac merge

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 04:12:16 GMT 2018

over the weekend I got a merge of the hmac branch into head to compile
and not crash, but I haven't tested it it all yet. The fixups for the
many merge conflicts were gnarly, it might make more sense to take
this result and then rebase 3 patches on top of it.

I do have one objection to the codebase, in that it pulls in
libgcrypt, ssl, and pthreads... about 5MB? of libs... for two hash
functions.

(while I'm at it, neither current OSX or the various linuxes seem to
need librt anymore)

If the short term objective is just to have auth working, I'd lean
towards just using the relevant two functions, as bird does, without
pulling in the entire lib....

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740