[Babel-users] paralysis

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 21:09:41 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:47 PM Dave Taht <dave at taht.net> wrote:

> Christof Schulze <christof.schulze at gmx.net> writes:
>
> >>(why is there a 20 interface limit in kernel_netlink.c?), but
> > Why indeed? I am hoping to run babeld with >150 interfaces soonish.
> > Of course I can adjust the define but I'd rather have this limitation
> > understood than just fiddling with it.

This is one of those design things I just don't understand. I assume
that 148 of these are tunnels?

Here I am having added two wireguard tunnels to my whole network,
touching down on two different machines,
and about to add two more between creaky pieces of the network over a
backup link. I can hardly imagine wanting to deal with more
complexity than that, I've already put myself into a loop twice....