[Babel-users] paralysis

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 21:35:22 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 01:09:41PM -0800, Dave Taht wrote:

>> > Why indeed? I am hoping to run babeld with >150 interfaces soonish.
>> > Of course I can adjust the define but I'd rather have this limitation
>> > understood than just fiddling with it.
>
>This is one of those design things I just don't understand. I assume
>that 148 of these are tunnels?
>
>Here I am having added two wireguard tunnels to my whole network,
>touching down on two different machines,
>and about to add two more between creaky pieces of the network over a
>backup link. I can hardly imagine wanting to deal with more
>complexity than that, I've already put myself into a loop twice....
This is a public network where nodes can freely connect. We will have
many VPN connections and babeld hopefully bring order in the resulting
topology mess. What could possibly go wrong? :-)

In any case - 20 is not enough unless I am bridging. And that is not
going to happen with that amount of interfaces.

viele Grüße

Christof

/\  against proprietary attachments