[Babel-users] making babeld go boom with bogons

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Oct 2 15:01:30 BST 2018

> And I'm *not* importing proto 51 of this list into babeld, but when it
> does a kernel dump, it gets it all, hits an internal memory limit
> processing the netlink data and doesn't manage to import *any* kernel
> routes.

Right.  As I've mentioned previously, the redistribution code in babeld is
very primitive:

  1. the code makes a full route dump whenever something changes and
     computes the difference, rather than receiving incremental deltas
     from the kernel;
  2. it uses a quadratic algorithm to compute the difference.

It's very low on my todo list (I've got way too much unmerged code
already), but I'll be glad to accept patches to fix either of these.