[Babel-users] a better bird config and a survived gnarly rtod test

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:37:56 BST 2018

does bird's metric 128 inflate that default metric then? should it
just be 0? 96?

Perhaps it would help if I shared my sekret plan.

In the lab I have 3 routers for test purposes (7 actually, but...)

labgw -------------------------------------------------- campusgw
(heavily filtered, I'm crazy but not entirely so)
              |                 |                      |
         FRR Router   BIRD router     BABELD router
              |                 |                      |
         ----------------a switch -------------------------------------------
             |    |       |             |            |                       |
            a  bunch of          devices configured differently

The routers are apu2s, the devices a misc collection of hackerboards,
with kernels
going back as far as 3.10.

assuming all these do the right/same things with metrics, my
assumption is the firstmost router  to make an announcement will win.
apu2s also have two ports, so each has yet
another device hanging off of that...

On 10/25/18, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave at taht.net> writes:
>
>> Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> writes:

>>> Only through manual config, currently. I'm hoping to add auto-detection
>>> at some point...
>>
>> Still, 96? Better?
>
> Wired links have cost 96. Links are wired by default...
>
> -Toke

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740