[Babel-users] unicast branch test

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Sun Oct 28 20:12:45 GMT 2018

> since, what the heck, I have 7 different versions of babel in the lab,
> I figured why not add in the unicast branch on two boxes and see what
> else breaks.

The unicast branch is obsolete -- the rfc6126bis branch is based of it.
So if you're running rfc6126bis (or nlogn), you're already running the
unicast code.

As soon as I have some time, I'll release 1.8.4, then branch off a new
babeld-1.8 branch for bug fixes, and then merge all of the other branches
into master.  In the meantime, please run rfc6126bis only, and ignore all
of the other branches.

> An oddity, I think, is I see one box making a mh-request unicast, and
> the other box seems to respond with a mcast (?).

Perfectly legal and expected.

> Is there fun, happy, new config options I can enable to enable way
> more unicast? :)

The unicast code does nothing by default.  To enable it, say

  default unicast true

in your config file.

> However, I now have enough lab boxes to basically do interop between
> a lot of versions, I figure adding 1.5, 1.6, 1.7.1 to the mix would be
> useful?

At this stage, we're only interested in reports against:

  - BIRD;
  - rfc6126bis/xroute-nlogn, soon to be master;
  - master, soon to be babeld-1.8

If you're running older routers, make sure that you say

  default rfc6126-compatible true

in the config file of the more recent branches.

> and I *gotta* go climb a few trees.

And put Babel routers on a few drones?  (Speak to Valent, in copy of this mail.)