[Babel-users] althea presentation on isp in a box at nanog 76

Justin Kilpatrick justin at altheamesh.com
Thu Jun 20 11:59:06 BST 2019

Every device has a WireGuard tunnel to it's peers to determine the forwarding amounts it simply looks at the tx and rx counters of the tunnel.

Since WireGuard authenticates every packet it's not possible to spoof traffic or otherwise attribute it to someone else. Unless you have their devices private key of course.

The real potential fraud problem that's difficult to solve and I address in the presentation is that route metric spoofing can be identified and compensated for by tunneled probing of verifiable metrics, but not totally eliminated due to sampling issues.

--
  Justin Kilpatrick
  justin at altheamesh.com