[Babel-users] althea presentation on isp in a box at nanog 76

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:12:55 BST 2019

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM Justin Kilpatrick <justin at altheamesh.com> wrote:

> Every device has a WireGuard tunnel to it's peers to determine the forwarding amounts it simply looks at the tx and rx counters of the tunnel.

Correct me if I am wrong, one could easily hijack those linux kernel
system calls and inject artifically tx and rx values?

> Since WireGuard authenticates every packet it's not possible to spoof traffic or otherwise attribute it to someone else. Unless you have their devices private key of course.
>
> The real potential fraud problem that's difficult to solve and I address in the presentation is that route metric spoofing can be identified and compensated for by tunneled probing of verifiable metrics, but not totally eliminated due to sampling issues.

Will listen to the whole thing...

Otherwise, a prof of crypto in my university had its name as a mentor
a similar project with some kind of router with a pile of stackable
modules, one of it was a HDD dedicated to host a blockchain:

https://ammbr.com/

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion (zoobab)