[Babel-users] Open-Mesh migration, 802.11s, babeld, speed degradation

Stuart Trusty stuart.trusty at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 03:20:58 GMT 2019

Hi Juliusz,

Yes, I can see your point.  However, I am just using 802.11s for the LAN
traffic to gateways.  Some of these 802.11s devices may themselves be
gateways.  Their own gateway may only be good as a fallback gateway for
rest of the mesh, and just making a gateway node force a client's DHCP
through its own gateway is not exactly the effect I want to achieve with a
performance monitoring protocol.  Besides, a gateway may come and go, and I
may want to enforce this cost feature to determine best path out.  I know
this was solved using batman-adv on the pre-existent OpenMesh firmware,
this dynamic announcement of gateways.  I want to use babeld as kind of a
higher layer of routing on top of a single instance of 802.11s on the
router LAN to achieve the same effect.

Thank you for your consideration.