[Babel-users] Help debugging lost routes problem

Eric Buddington eric at buddington.net
Sat Oct 5 14:36:33 BST 2019

I run babel on about 20 machines, mainly arch linux, openwrt, and raspbian.

I am seeing two problems, probably unrelated:

1) On my arch linux laptop (babeld 1.9.1-1.0, kernel 5.3.1), I
sometimes get all babel routes stuck as 'unreachable' for a long time.
Restarting babeld fixes this.

2) On a raspbian box (babeld 1.7.0-1, kernel 4.19.66), the machine
loses all but the default route from babel. Restarting babeld fixes
this.

I realize this isn't enough to diagnose either problem, but how can I
usefully collect data from babeld and the network to figure them out?

-Eric