[Babel-users] a babeld 1.9.x...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:54:51 BST 2020

There seem to be a few outstanding bugs and patches against the git repo.

I totally realize that fiddling with webrtc is way more fun (I am
fiddling with janus and sylkserver too!), but rolling those babel bugs
up and :puppy dog eyes: getting the hash authentication in and maybe
unicast over wireguard... would be nice  to get done before the next
openwrt release.

I think - but am not sure - one of the bugs involves getting default
ipv4 routes right. ( https://github.com/jech/babeld/issues ). I did
deploy 1.9.1 on default router box a week or so back and the default
route ended up with a huge metric only one hop away which made no
sense. (Aside from the main gateways, my entire network is upgraded to
1.9.1 now)

On the webrtc front... what you just did is a great showcase for the
power of go!

Chrome browser rejects your test server with an invalid cert.
(Getting a let's encrypt cert is straightforward....)
I like very much a world where you can host small private conferences
on your own host or server at home,
away from more prying eyes... or your own security cams should the
zombies invade.

I've been looking over security cameras of late, and things like
zoneminder, and it appears nobody cares about the actual security of
the cameras - but features! Features! features! It seemed like webrtc
would be a great transport for security cams, and "Amaryllo" is doing
interesting things... but...

https://www.callstats.io/blog/2018/08/29/surveillance-is-becoming-effortless-and-smarter-due-to-real-time-communication-webrtc-rtc-verticals-series