[Babel-users] MAC rekeying in babeld and information model

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Thu Jan 16 18:45:36 GMT 2020

Dear all,

Antonin and I have spent the afternoon looking at his work on MAC rekeying
in babeld.  His code is available in branch hmac-rekeying of

    https://github.com/MisterDA/babeld

Now... we've got an issue with the information model.

Following the information model, Antonin adds the following attribute to
keys:

   key-use sign|verify|both

I'm a little puzzled by the purpose of this attribute.  What usage
scenarios is it useful in?  In particular, it does not appear to subsume
the sign-only interface attribute, which is useful in incremental
deployment scenarios.

Thanks,