[Babel-users] IP addresses of other interfaces are send via babel

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Tue Jun 2 23:30:47 BST 2020

Hi,

I started babel 1.9.2 for one interface (babeld br-c1) and then had a look what Babel sends over br-c1 using wireshark.
There I noticed that the IP addresses of all other interfaces (public IPv6 addresses etc.) are send to a multicast address (ff02::1:6) on interface br-c1.

This is not something I did expect, because I thought to have told Babel to only handle one interface.
Is there a reason Babel sends addresses of other interfaces as well?

thanks,
Moritz