[Babel-users] volatile routing entries - hop problems?

Jochen Demmer jochen at winteltosh.de
Mon Oct 25 09:27:33 BST 2021

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.
This is the dump you asked for:
https://paste.debian.net/1216751/

The routes with prefix /60 are most relevant to me.
I checked if the neighbours are basically there but not all routes get installed.
I wonder why that is.

Thanks
Jochen

Am Mittwoch, Oktober 06, 2021 23:27 CEST, schrieb Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr>:
 > The nodes run OpenWrt 21.02 with babeld 1.10-2. Virtualization is made with
> Proxmox

I'm not familiar with Proxmox, I'll have a look.

> The problem is that distributed routes come and go. What I observed was a node
> to have 18 routes tops. Sometimes they fluctuate between 9 and 13.
> The nodes themselves have all configured static ULA and they receive a global
> Prefix via DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation.

If you send a SIGUSR1 signal to babeld, it will dump its internal data
structures to the log file. Could you please wait for the instability to
arise, then send SIGUSR1 to a babeld process and send us the resulting
table dump? (The bit starting with "My id...".)

Thanks,