[Babel-users] First draft on relaxing Babel HMAC

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue May 10 13:13:17 BST 2022

Hi Toke, hello list,

I've just written a first draft of an ID that describes the changes that
you and I have made to our respective implementations of Babel-MAC.  See
the directory "draft-chroboczek-babel-mac-relaxed" under

  https://github.com/jech/babel-drafts/

I've put readable HTML here:

  https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/babel/draft-chroboczek-babel-mac-relaxed.html

Toke, you have write access to the repository; please feel free, if you so
desire, to fill-in Section 2.2 and add yourself to the list of authors (in
that order).

List, do you think this is a good idea for an RFC, or do people prefer
a new revision of RFC 8967?  The latter is more work, and will take more
time.