[Babel-users] First draft on relaxing Babel HMAC

David Schinazi dschinazi.ietf at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:41:22 BST 2022

Thanks for writing this, Juliusz!

I've been lurking on the other threads, and I think this is the most
pragmatic
(and therefore the best) solution to this problem. Assuming we get
confirmation from a real deployment that this solution helps,
I'm fully supportive of publishing this as standards track RFC.

I would also be OK with a RFC8967-bis, but I agree with Juliusz that it
would be more work, and I'd prefer the WG spend its limited free time
on more useful endeavours such as publishing the RTT extension.
So let's publish this and just add the metadata tag that it updates 8967.

I commit to reviewing this document as it progresses and I would be in favor
of its adoption by the WG if that were requested.

David