[Debian-zh-dev] htdocs didn't correspond with CVS ...

Ming Hua minghua@rice.edu
Sat, 15 May 2004 15:16:10 -0500

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 12:55:37AM +1200, Carlos Liu wrote:
> Ming,

Hi Carlos,

> Please check the setting. I add d-i-manual/manual_translation.html
> into htdocs (CVS repository), but I couldn't read it at
> http://chinese.alioth.debian.org/d-i-manual/manual_translation.html

Sorry I wasn't clear.  The webpages are in CVS control, however it's not
automatic.  After checking in your pages in CVS, you'll need to do
    $ cvs update -d
in /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/chinese/htdocs (make a symlink to
make life easier) to make the real pages on web server update with the
CVS.

I know this is a little unnecessarily complicated.  If you know some
cron magic to update them from CVS automatically, please tell me.

> Finally, I created the directory and copied the file to
> /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/chinese/htdocs, then it worked.

I've made the cvs update, now your old pages are in d-i-manual.carlos.
There seems to be a little difference between the current page and the
one in CVS, I'll leave it to you to sort it out.

I also noticed there was some permission problems in htdocs/.  I've
changed everything I noticed, and you should be able to change any pages
you want now (maybe you want a new link on the home page?).  If you find
new problems, please let me know.  Also, I think we should set umask to
002 when dealing with htdocs/ for now until a better way is found.

Cheers,
Ming
2004.05.15

We used to think that if we know one, we know two, because one and one are
two.  We are finding that we must learn a great deal more about ``and''.
                                                  --- Sir Arthur Eddington