[Debconf-devel] Teletype bug?

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Thu Nov 22 23:38:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 06:11:47PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > Is this patch (copied and pasted from Readline) the right fix?
>
> No, the teletype frontend only needs to read from stdin and write to
> stdout. You don't need a controlling tty to do that (consider
> ssh host command w/o -t).

BTW, I think I was misled by its calls to stty; but of course it throws
away stderr and doesn't care if stty fails. I've clearly been spending
too much time in That Other Interpreted Language where you have to
handle failures explicitly ...

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]