[Debconf-devel] Possible bug in debconf

Joey Hess joeyh at debian.org
Sun Nov 22 02:41:43 UTC 2009

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> the responses from various DDs on this issue range from "I am not
> familiar with enough to debug this" to "this is a bug in debconf", so I
> might be hitting a bug after all, but I wanted to double-check with this
> list, first.
>
> I am building a package, hostuuid, with this debian/postinst[1] and this
> debian/templates[2]. The error I get is this[3].
>
> Any and all feedback appreciated!
>

> Richard
>
> [1] http://paste.debian.net/52059/
> [2] http://paste.debian.net/52061/
> [3] http://paste.debian.net/52058/

I can't reproduce a problem from the above, unsuprisingly.

If you have a .deb that can produce this problem in a clean environment,
file a bug report and include the package.

If you can only produce the problem in one problem environment, do so
with DEBCONF_DEBUG=. set and send the debug log.

--
see shy jo