[Debconf-devel] Possible bug in debconf

Sun Nov 22 05:38:35 UTC 2009

Hi Joey,

thanks for getting back to me.

I found the issue in the meantime, sorry for the noise. I planned to
follow up my initial question with an email, but I got stuck with
another issue immediately afterwards.

On the "plus" side, I can reproducably get debconf to hang with this new
issue. Unfortunately, there is no minimal test case yet, which is why I am
attaching a .deb that triggers it for now. If you need me to reduce to a
minimal test case please tell me.

Basically, the problem is that I am testing if STDIN is attached to a
tty and I hang there indefinitely. The same works nicely on CLI. If you
re-enable the --nostdin option in debian/postinst, it will run without
any errors.

Thanks,
Richard