[Debian-astro-maintainers] Metapackages moved to Salsa

Ole Streicher olebole at debian.org
Fri Mar 2 09:41:31 UTC 2018

Hi Steffen,

Ccing d-astro at l.d.o and proposing to move the discussion there

On 02.03.2018 10:21, Steffen Möller wrote:
> On 3/1/18 11:06 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Debian Science metapackages were moved to
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/science
>>
>> now.  If you want to maintain the tasks but have not yet
>> permissions please apply for membership in blends-team with your
>> Salsa login.
>
> I would very much like to see Debian-Astro there to add new arrrivals
> in the new queue, pluto-sat-code (actually, not really, that and
> pluto-jpl-eph and pluto-lunar should in my opinion not appear, only
> the most prominent package, pluto-find-orb should be in the list of
> tools in my opinion.

Debian Astro is here:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/debian-astro

I think that the metapackages of a team should belong to the team
itself -- most of the changes there are due to the maintenance of tasks,
which is what astro people should do. General Blends maintenance is rare
and could either be done by merge requests, or by sharing the package
with the Blends team (which I just enabled for Debian Astro).

> to add new arrrivals in the new queue, pluto-sat-code (actually, not
> really, that and pluto-jpl-eph and pluto-lunar should in my opinion
> not appear, only the most prominent package, pluto-find-orb should
> be in the list of tools in my opinion.

You are welcome to edit the tasks here. I already added pluto-jpl-eph
and pluto-lunar to astro-tools and astro-development, but feel free to
remove/adjust that according to your expertise.

BTW, could you put the packages under Debian Astro maintenance
(Maintainer field)?

Best regards

Ole