Flyer Re-print for CeBIT

Joost van Baal joostvb-debian-flyers-devel-20060215-0 at mdcc.cx
Wed Feb 15 18:05:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

[Cc-ing some people who are involved in this flyer-update thread.]

Op wo 15 feb 2006 om 05:41:31 +0100 schreef W. Borgert:
> Quoting Joost van Baal <joostvb-debian-flyers-devel-20060215-2 at mdcc.cx>:
> > Sounds good.  (I assume you are sure totem, rhythmbox, audacity and
> > gazpacho are stable and likely will be around for the next, say, 3
> > years; I don't know these tools well enough myself).  Care for preparing
> > a patch?
>
> All tools I mentioned are (to my knowledge) in sarge/stable.

Ye, but if they'd be in oldstable too, we are more sure they'll be
around and popular for the coming, say, 3 years.  As Michael Banck
suggested, it might be better just to be very conservative about
mentioning specific implementations.  Anything "smaller" than, say,
Firefox, might not be worth mentioning.

> I could try to create a patch, but maybe I cannot do this
> in time for next week.

One can print any heavily patched flyer.  No need to wait for changes to
be commited to CVS before printing.

Yup, see http://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/ .

> > of printed flyers getting out of date.  Therefore, try to keep the
> > text as time-resistant as possible.  So, I'd say:
> >
> >  consists of 2 DVDs or more than 14 CDs.
>
> More than 13 CDs :-) How about: "... at least 2 DVDs or 14 CDs"?

Well, that way you assume there won't be _less_ CDs in the future... :)

> (I dropped the events mailing list, because this is a discussion
> solely about the contents of the flyer. Is that OK?)

Yep, see Mail-Followup-To, as mentioned.

Bye,

Joost