Switching to Git

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Fri Feb 22 06:34:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 05:48:03PM +0100, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:

> I have to update the French translation to use it for the Solutions
> Linux / Open Source 2013 show in Paris, but before doing so Joost
> suggested I switch to repository from CVS to Git (and I would prefer
> that too).

Indeed.  BTW, there's some code parsing the CVS Id tag and generating
current date in the output from that.  It'd be _very_ nice if we could
keep such functionality.  Dunno if git has some hook to do that kind
of trickery.  Maybe doing something like

 sed "s/@DATE@/`date`/" <foo >foo.in

in a Makefile could do.

> Before I do so, does anybody object to that? Please keep me in Cc as
> I am not subscribed to the list…

Check.

Happy hacking, and thanks for your work!

Salut,

Joost