Debian flyers: ftp, packaging, git?

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Wed Apr 1 04:58:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-01 at 06:55 +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:

> Not quite sure if that'd be useful; but if you think it is: be my guest.

I think it would be useful but I don't have time for more projects.

> YES!  What stalled it at the time we tried to do it: currently, there's a
> $Date$ and $Version$ tag in the code; some mechanism is used to enable one to
> easily check if all translations are up to date.  It's the same mechanism as
> (once?) used by the Debian website pages.

The Debian website still uses this mechanism too.

> We couldn't find out / didn't have the time how to enable that with git, then.
> I'd _*love*_ to have the flyers in git.
>
> Care to help with that?

I expect that using po4a and normal gettext translation mechanisms would
be the right way to go. I don't have time to do the conversion, sorry.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise