Debian flyers: ftp, packaging, git?

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Wed Apr 1 04:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi Paul!

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 08:56:26AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> It looks like alioth disabled ftp a long time ago so the prebuilt flyers
> are no longer available. Could you move them to HTTP please?

That would be better indeed.

> What about packaging the flyers and uploading to Debian?

Not quite sure if that'd be useful; but if you think it is: be my guest.

> Have you considered moving your VCS from CVS to git?

YES!  What stalled it at the time we tried to do it: currently, there's a
$Date$ and $Version$ tag in the code; some mechanism is used to enable one to
easily check if all translations are up to date.  It's the same mechanism as
(once?) used by the Debian website pages.

We couldn't find out / didn't have the time how to enable that with git, then.
I'd _*love*_ to have the flyers in git.

Care to help with that?

Thanks for your interest, Bye,

Joost - who basically doesn't have any time for the flyers this year...

--
> What!?  You're not on fb!?  EVERYBODY is on fb!  ▢     http://mdcc.cx/
50% of USA is not on facebook.   80% of the world  ▢  http://ad1810.com/
population is NOT on facebook.                     ▢                   ※
           - Nov 2012, as seen on OFTC/#bewelcome  ▢        Tilburg, .nl