maintenance of translations after the migration to git

Laura Arjona Reina larjona at debian.org
Mon Mar 13 22:15:12 UTC 2017

Dear all
We have migrated the repo from CVS to git, and thus, the workflow for
maintaining translations (and the perl script translation_check.pl)
are broken, since they were depending on gathering the version number
of the files in CVS, and we now have commit hashes, no version numbers.

I'd like to try to use PO4A instead. I've never done this, though, so
for now I'm reading (again) the manual page:

https://po4a.alioth.debian.org/man/man7/po4a.7.php

And hopefully I can provide a workflow nice both for English
committers and for translators soon (as in... 2017?).

We keep the CVS repo and there are not many files to track, so I think
we'll be able to change the workflow with not much work.

In any case, if you already know po4a or have a better idea for this,
please go ahead!

Best regards

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona