[Debian-ha-maintainers] RHCS patches and lcros question

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sat Aug 29 21:48:06 UTC 2009

Hi Ante,
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:46:46PM +0200, Ante Karamatic wrote:
> I'm sending three patches for rhcs:
>
> 0001-Install-lcrso-in-to-right-location-and-drop-build-de.patch
>    - really needed to make rhcs build
This was fixed in git some time ago:
	http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-ha/redhat-cluster.git;a=commit;h=b53b858ca21b44c944674571bd6a23cdb3058ea9

> 0002-Upstream-removed-some-docs-so-we-should-try-installi.patch
> 0003-Install-libfenced-library-with-libfence-packages.patch
>    - these patches can be used once git tree is updated to rhcs 3.0.1
>    - 0003... maybe looks dirty, but after the talk with upstream it
> sounds like a most reasonable solution for the time being
Both applied. Thanks.

> Now, about lcros. IIRC, I proposed that we move them from
> /usr/lib/lcros to /usr/lib/corosync/lcros. After a brief talk with
> rhcs upstream, conclusion was that /usr/lib/lcros is much better
> location. If we decide to change that location in corosync, we'll
> have to rebuild openais, pacemaker and redhat-cluster-suite. We
> should also consider adding stronger dependency on newer version of
> corosync; since this package exists only in debian experimental and
> development ubuntu tree, maybe we could skip that.
I've already pushed newer versions of openais and corosync to
experimental updating the lcros' locations. I've also fixed this for
RHCS git updating it to 3.0.2 while being at it.
Cheers,
 -- Guido